Re: RDF 2.0 Wishlist - Legal RDF which I can't SPARQL

On Jul 29, 2010, at 19:59 , Mischa Tuffield wrote:

> Am guessing I should have just emailed the SPARQL WG people, but I thought I would also flag this matter with the RDF 2.0 folks.

Mischa, you did the right thing! The whole IRI/URI mess is on the radar screen for a possible new RDF work, and was also flagged as part of the Workshop output[1].

B.t.w., and as a minor remark: We do not know whether this will lead to a RDF 2.0. Maybe only RDF 1.1 or RDF 1.01. Let us try to avoid turning the RDF 2.0 as a widely used meme, for many people 2.0 means a radical overhaul which I do not believe would happen now:-). I, diplomatically, refer to it as RDF Next for the time being...

Thanks!

Cheers

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/index.php?title=RDF_Core_Work_Items#RDF.2FXML_and_RDF_Concepts_Errata

> Cheers,
>
> Mischa

>> > I just realized that this *is* valid SPARQL 1.1. The documentation for
>> > IRI() isn't defined everywhere yet (it has its own section, but
>> > doesn't yet appear in the tables).
>> >
>> > BTW, I'm not saying that this is the solution. (All those curly braces
>> > give me the shivers). But it is *a* solution.  :-)
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Paul Gearon
>> >

> ___________________________________
> Mischa Tuffield PhD
> Email: mischa.tuffield@garlik.com
> Homepage - http://mmt.me.uk/
> Garlik Limited, 1-3 Halford Road, Richmond, TW10 6AW
> +44(0)845 645 2824  http://www.garlik.com/
> Registered in England and Wales 535 7233 VAT # 849 0517 11
> Registered office: Thames House, Portsmouth Road, Esher, Surrey, KT10 9AD

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153