Re: URNs vs. HTTP-URIs at CEUR-WS

In my view, there are no purely *technical* advantages to this approach -
indeed, technically it's an extra level of complication.

But, there may be *social* advantages:  many people are still wary (and with
some cause in some environments) of using http: URIs as persistent identifiers.
The community may feel more comfortable with, and hence more likely to adopt,
something that is so clearly signposted as a persistent identifier.

Of course, all the considerations of "cool URIs" [1] still apply.

#g
--

[1] http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI