Re: RDF to CSV

Steve Harris wrote:
> On 25 Jan 2010, at 04:34, Dave Beckett wrote:
>> vasavi kamdar wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Can any one please help me with converting an RDF file to CSV
>>> Thanks and Regards,
>>> Vasavi Kamdar
>>>
>>> The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do...
>> Of course if you want to just do a conversion, you'll need to clearly
>> think
>> what goal you want to achieve.  Turning a graph into a table (CSV) is
>> more
>> like running a query to the graph and getting back a sequence of
>> results so
>> you might want to use SPARQL for that.
>
> Right, some SPARQL stores (I don't know which ones offhand) can output
> CSV results directly, just by requesting with the correct mime type.

My Rasqal engine ( http://librdf.org/rasqal/ ) can do that as of the last
release - CSV and TSV.  I made integers and plain literals appear raw but
invented some trivial ()wrappers to distinguish uris, typed and
langliterals.  CSV doesn't seem to be defined anywhere about how you might
record richer types.  Maybe save-as CSV in excel or openoffice and see what
you get?

> 4store can only do TSV, but it's easy to convert.
>
> The UNIX sparql-query tool[1] can produce text files from any SPARQL
> store, but I don't think it does CSV, would be easy enough to add that
> though.
>
> - Steve
>
> [1] http://github.com/tialaramex/sparql-query

Dave