Re: Representing vCard Objects in RDF (W3C Member Submission)

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 4:25 PM, Michael Hausenblas
<michael.hausenblas@deri.org> wrote:
> Harry,
>
>>  That's an excellent addition. However, in the vCard note we decided
>> to not add any properties that were not in the official vCard IETF
>> spec, as that's a slippery slope.

Yes, that scoping makes sense.

> Understood.
>
>> Perhaps "businessCard" could be added to FOAF?
>
> +1 ... DanBri?

Put a proposal in the FOAF wiki, including at least domain/range,
label, comment text and a draft paragraph for the spec, and we'll take
it from there. The FOAF spec has taken modest steps towards Portable
Contacts compatibility in recent revisions, and will probably continue
along that (vcard-inspired but not 1:1) path. As a 'natively RDF'
vocab  I think also we play to our RDF-y strengths in FOAF, so it
should be reasonable to expect a greater emphasis on URI-based
linking, and on connections to companion specs (dublin core,  skos)
than we'd find in plain vCard. Also there is much more to be explored
around lists and groups, and their use for trust and reputation. So
plenty of work still left to do :)

cheers,

Dan