RE: Representing vCard Objects in RDF (W3C Member Submission)

From: Brian Peterson <publicayers@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 17:55:17 -0500
To: "'Renato Iannella'" <renato@nicta.com.au>, <public-xg-socialweb@w3.org>, "'semantic-web at W3C'" <semantic-web@w3c.org>
I like the updates, but I always wondered why vCard doesn't include a
relation that maps a person/org to their vcards. Or does it and I just don't
see it?

I guess I also don't understand the approach outlined in the comments for
VCard saying that the VCard URI could also be a URI for a person or
organization. What's the point of having the VCard class if anything can
have the dual role of being a vcard? I'd have thought that keeping people
separate from vcards but providing a way of associating a person's vcards to
themselves would result in cleaner ontologies.

Brian