Re: password datatype in RDF

From: Yihong Ding <ding@cs.byu.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 18:50:27 -0500
To: Jeremy Carroll <jeremy@topquadrant.com>
Cc: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
Jeremy,

An alternate solution could be simpler. You just need to store whatever your
password is in some place with strong security encryption. Let's say it is
https://you.cannot.steal.it

Then in your RDF file, you simply store this "https://you.cannot.steal.it"
instead of the password itself. You can have an encryption algorithm coded
in your program so that nobody else except your program can retrieve the
right data behind "https://you.cannot.steal.it" though the link "
https://you.cannot.steal.it" is transparent to everybody.

yihong

--