password datatype in RDF

From: Jeremy Carroll <jeremy@topquadrant.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 15:26:33 -0800
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>

We have an RDF based form, where some of the details of the presentation
are decided late, based on the data and its schema.

For our application, we need to enter various SMTP setup information in
this form, including a username and password.
Right now, the password appears in clear-text ... :(

A colleague suggested that we invent a new datatype:

tq:password rdfs:subClassOf xsd:string .

and then upgrade our form presentation software to treat this datatype
with the conventional ****s

That seems like a reasonable approach, has it been done before? Is there
a datatype to reuse, or some other method?

thanks

Jeremy