Re: a list of companies active in the semantic technology area

From: Steve Harris <steve.harris@garlik.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 12:50:41 +0000
Cc: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
To: paoladimaio10@googlemail.com
On 2010-12-23, at 08:17, Paola Di Maio wrote:

> Steve
>>
>> Up until maybe a month ago there was no logical reason to add RDF to our homepage, even now it requires some hand waving.
>

> Uhm... can you share the reason behind this?
> (sorry if its obvious and I missed it)

It's not that there's no reason against it, just that there was no reason for it. Other than Good Relations.

> I myself have still not found ways of producing/consuming RDF in my
> day to day life, but  I would have thought the sem tech vendors would
> belong to a different user profile

The vast majority of our customers aren't Semantic Web geeks.

However, you've guilted me into returning a DOAP document of http://4store.org/ if you request that as RDF/XML or Turtle:

$ curl -H 'Accept: application/rdf+xml' http://4store.org/

- Steve

--
Steve Harris, CTO, Garlik Limited
1-3 Halford Road, Richmond, TW10 6AW, UK