Re: a list of companies active in the semantic technology area

Hi.

On 22 Dec 2010, at 17:28, Martin Hepp wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> Apologies for my late reply, end of term season ;-)
>
> It is very easy to create and maintain such a directory based on GoodRelations - actually, the following should already work pretty well as of today :
>
> 1. A company describes its range of products and services using GoodRelations, e.g. using the GoodRelations   Annotator
>
> http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/tools/goodrelations-annotator/
Hi used this to produce the goodrelations.rdf

> Many SW companies have done so already, e.g.
>
> 	http://www.franz.com/goodrelations.rdf
And put the file in place.
However, there is no link from the main page.
You might want to add to the instructions to add the
<link rel="meta" type="application/rdf+xml" title="RDF/XML data for Franz Inc." href="/goodrelations.rdf" />
to it.

(I know that RDFa is preferred, but some CMS systems barf at trying to do it, as ours did.)

So the quickest way for us is to add the standalone file and the link rel, which I understand is an acceptable structure.

Good stuff!

--
Hugh Glaser,
              Intelligence, Agents, Multimedia