Re: a list of companies active in the semantic technology area

On 2010-12-22, at 11:09, Dieter Fensel wrote:
>> If however there are good reasons for these companies not to publish
>> RDF, then these reasons should be compiled in a report and analysed in
>> detail for clues pointing to >>rdf what's next
>
> Good point again, however, I think the reason may be simple. Their potential customers
> do not (yet?) find them through search on the semantic web.

Exactly that. It's a lot more work to change a corporate homepage than a personal or academic one, so there has to be a good reason to put in the work.

Up until maybe a month ago there was no logical reason to add RDF to our homepage, even now it requires some hand waving.

- Steve

--
Steve Harris, CTO, Garlik Limited
1-3 Halford Road, Richmond, TW10 6AW, UK