RE: a list of companies active in the semantic technology area

From: Dieter Fensel <dieter.fensel@sti2.at>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 11:12:53 +0100
To: "Obrst, Leo J." <lobrst@mitre.org>,Michael F Uschold <uschold@gmail.com>
Cc: "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>, Dave McComb <mccomb@semanticarts.com>, Simon Robe <simonr@semanticarts.com>
At 23:13 20.12.2010, Obrst, Leo J. wrote:
>Also, there are many companies who are not vendors who are very
>active in semantic technologies. Are you only interested in vendors?
>
>Thanks,
>Leo

Yes, indeed. I would assume small companies being provider of this
technology, however, large companies
may be largely consumer of it (with Oracle as an exception). In
conclusion, for the latter ones I am interested
in provider and user of this technology.

Dieter Fensel
Director STI Innsbruck
University Innsbruck
http://www.sti-innsbruck.at/