Re: Possible Idea For a Sem Web Based Game?

Melvin,

(sorry to the others, I used the wrong address to post to the mailing
lists, so my previous message didn't get through)

you wrote:
 > You dont need smart servers, just socially aware cloud storage.  Flat
 > files are fine, you can let Agents do all the middleware.

ok, I should'nt have used the term 'server'; I was not considering
cloud-storage (yet)...

It does not really change my point, though: if you only trust a single
agent ("dungeon master") to manage game-data and enforce game logic, you
end up with a rather centralized system.

On the other hand, distributing the game logic is harder:
- how do different agents maintain consistency of the game?
- how do you trust a newly discovered agent?
- how do you know that several agents are not colluding to cheat?

But obviously, I merely scratched the surface, while you seem to have
clearer ideas on the subject... :) -- thanks for the links by the way.

I'll keep an eye on that.

   pa