Re: numeric web search (Was: URLs instead of URNs)

Wolfgang Orthuber wrote:
> We know that a URL refers to a (unique) web address. If also
> A URL is a Web Address based Identifier
> then the Web Address determines also the URL. Because the Web address
> is globally unique, the URL is unique
> and can be used as unique identifier.
> Is this correct?
The URL can be used as an Identifier because you can use a globally
unique Resource Location/Address as a Name for a Thing (e.g. a
Document), albeit with implications (i.e. mobility of the Thing you name).
> (then I could write that the pattern name in
> http://www.orthuber.com/wp1.pdf is a URL, because it is based on
> the location of a unique "linking file" which points to all defining
> information)
<http://www.orthuber.com/wp1.pdf> is the Web Address constrained URI
(nee. URL) for the resource: wp1.pdf exposed to the Web via an HTTP
server.  I've made no mention of "all defining information" .

Kingsley

--

Regards,

President & CEO