Compiling information from several different triplestores

From: Nicolas Raoul <nicolas.raoul.lists@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 19:33:13 +0900
To: semantic-web@w3.org
Hello all,

How can I run a query over several different triplestores ?

For instance, I want to get a list of Anthony's friends.
Triplestore1 says Jack is Tony's friend.
Triplestore2 says Tony sameAs Anthony.
What clever mechanism would undestand that Jack is Anthony's friend?
Do I have to copy all information from both triplestores my own
triplestore, or is there something smarter to do ?

Copying all information from external triplestores seems awkward, and
in some cases might prove impossible (frequent updates, size, load on
servers).
Is there an easy solution that I am not aware of?
Can any triplestore implementation be configured to complement its
information with information from external triplestores?

Thank you!
Nicolas Raoul
http://nrw.free.fr