ANN: XSPARQL language specification

From: Nuno Lopes <nuno.lopes@deri.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 20:07:55 +0000
To: semantic-web@w3.org
Cc: Nuno Lopes <nuno.lopes@deri.org>
Dear all,

We are pleased to announce the XSPARQL language [1] and our prototype
engine XSPARQLer [2].

With currently available tools and languages, translating between
existing XML and RDF sources is a tedious and error-prone task, relying
mostly on XSLT and/or SPARQL queries.

XSPARQL is a - in our opinion - more natural approach for such
transformations based on merging XQuery and SPARQL into the novel
language XSPARQL.  We hope that this merge finally brings XML and RDF
closer together. XSPARQL provides concise and intuitive solutions for
mapping between XML and RDF in either direction, see the use cases at
[1] for details.

Our prototype implementation, XSPARQLer can be downloaded from the
Sourceforge project page [2], install instructions can be found on the
XSPARQL homepage [3].

We appreciate your feedback/comments/questions to be sent to our
mailing list [4].

Nuno Lopes, on behalf of the XSPARQL team

[1] http://xsparql.deri.org/spec/
[2] http://sourceforge.net/projects/xsparql/
[3] http://xsparql.deri.org/
[4] xsparql-discussion@lists.sourceforge.net