Re: Vocabularies for content keyword classification?

Hi Peter:

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Peter Krantz <peter.krantz@gmail.com> wrote:
> This seems to be an area where everyone agrees that SKOS is the way to
> go. One issue though is that the current spec isn't finished yet and
> in http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-skos-reference-20080829/#L1302 it says
> that the namespace URI may change back to
> <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#>. There seems to be a number of
> early adopters out there. What SKOS namespace URI do you recommend?

Last I heard the Semantic Web Deployment Working Group had decided not
to  change the namespace due to the amount of existing SKOS data in
the wild already [1]. So you should be OK using:

  http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#

To be on the safe side just be sure to only use classes and properties
that are available in the SKOS Reference [2].  I agree that from the
sounds of it your application would it would be a really nice use of
the SKOS vocabulary.

Also, feel free to join the public-esw-thes discussion list [3] if you
have some questions about SKOS that you'd like to target at current
SKOS developers/users.

//Ed

[1] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/153
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-reference/