Re: Today's equivalent of CBD+URIQA? (was: Re: Schism in the Semantic Web community.)

Manos,

I guess that URIQA is dead. Unfortunately. I liked it. I've even
implemented it in OpenLink Virtuoso but nobody used it. It was so unused
that we even lack interoperability tests for MGET/MPUT --- there were no
counterparts to interop.

The idea of CBD is not popular, too. But I've found that at least some
people remember the acronym, and I've got even an enhancement request
for configurable output of SPARQL DESCRIBE statement, to make it
possible send a DESCRIBE ?x where {...} request with some special
configuration preamble and get CBDs of all appropriate bindings of ?x.

I don't know any good replacement for URIQA.

Best Regards,

Ivan Mikhailov
OpenLink Software
http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com