Re: My Web Site Description in OWL

Dear Cristiano,

I am not sure if I understand you correctly. So what you want to do is
to describe any resources (such as images, videos, textual section)
within webpages, right?

Regarding (1), DCMI introduced domain / ranges for the DCMI properties
in [1]. So based on that, it is valid.

Regarding (2): could you please clarify this issue?

You further write
 >Then, i would like to say that the online resource contains
information about something. I think that seeAlso is not enough expressive.

You should specialize this property for different media types;
furthermore there are a set of vocabularies already available which you
might use. See [2].

[1] http://dublincore.org/documents/domain-range/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/XGR-vocabularies-20070724/

Best,

Tobias

Cristiano Longo wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to provide an rdf (preferably OWL) description of the
> resources contained in my web site. At the higher level, a web site is
> a set of web resources. RSS 1.0 may be a good starting point. It
> provides properties to specify a title of a resource, an autor and the
> mime type. But I have two questions :
>
> (1) I'm wrong if I use a Resource as target of the dc:creator property?
> (2) instead of string, there are uri's that represents media types?
>
> Then, i would like to say that the online resource contains
> information about something. I think that seeAlso is not enough
> expressive.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Cristiano Longo