Re: live meaning and dead languages

From: Frank Manola <fmanola@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 12:01:37 -0500
Cc: SWIG <semantic-web@w3.org>
To: paola.dimaio@gmail.com

On Feb 9, 2009, at 11:30 AM, paola.dimaio@gmail.com wrote:

> Thanks a lot for the clarifications
> I am not sure I knew that was the case
> but I think I am clear with the notion of timestamp, whatever way
> that is dealt with
>
> I presume the representation of the relationship between
> these many URIs that point to the same resource (to reduce
> ambiguity) should also be  specified somewhere?

Well, not the same *resource*;  the examples illustrated two URIs
that, at a given time, pointed to the same *representation*, but the
URIs referred to distinct *resources*.    However, yes you'd probably
want to explicitly represent the fact that the various URIs that refer
to, for example, "the weather in Oaxaca" at various times are all
related by the fact that they're about "the weather in Oaxaca" (e.g.,
so you could do a historical analysis about humidity changes in Oaxaca
over time).

> thanks again
> best

de nada