Question concerning n-ary relations

From: Sonia Lajmi <sonia.lajmi@insa-lyon.fr>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 00:05:25 +0100
To: semantic-web@w3.org
Hello,
I have already read the document entitled “Defining N-ary Relations on
the Semantic Web” which is available on the following link
<http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-n-aryRelations/>.

I want to define supervisor as a property having domain and range
person. This property carries data defining where and when this
relationship (supervisor) was established. In order to infer the inverse
property, i associate the /OWL:inverseOf/ apprentice to supervisor. I
want to define the supervisor property as a sub property of a more
generic relationship called /knows/ as defined in the FOAF schema.

I use the reification method to represent all this information as follow:

The problem that the management of the blank node is very complicated.

My question is there a solution to represent a property as a class in
such a way that the class keeps the characteristics of the property
(i.e., transitivity, inverse, symmetry etc) without representing the
blank node?

Waiting your response,

Beast regards,

Sonia

Sonia LAJMI
---ATER Université Jean Monnet
---Faculté des sciences de Saint Etienne
PHD student
Université de Lyon
Laboratoire LIRIS (UMR 5205)
7 avenue Jean capelle