Re: SPARQL performance for ORDER BY on large datasets

From: Bernhard Schandl <bernhard.schandl@univie.ac.at>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 09:32:44 +0200
Cc: "Seaborne, Andy" <andy.seaborne@hp.com>, Niklas Lindström <lindstream@gmail.com>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
To: Andreas Langegger <al@jku.at>
Hi,

> I'm wondering for some time already if there is any triple store
> that allows to define custom indexes on special predicates or
> subsets of the whole set of triples/quads? All the existing stores I
> know index over all triples in different combinations (spo,
> pso, ...). Is there any research going on towards partial indexes
> over user-defined subsets of triples? E.g. an index over all
> xsd:dateTime literals.

some time ago I was looking for triple stores that allow to customize
the database schema, e.g., that allow me to specify something like "I
want all foaf:Person resources together with their foaf:firstName and
foaf:surname stored in a designated (optimized) table." If you are
aware of any triple store aware of that functionality I would be happy
to know.

Best, Bernhard