Re: [foaf-dev] [foaf-protocols] FOAF sites offline during cleanup

Hi Kingsley.
It is great for people to be able to find a lot of the LOD cloud at your site, but please be careful about your claims concerning the data you have crawled from LOD.
To say "our actual VoiD graph for LOD cloud" is to mislead readers into thinking that it captures more than it does.
Best
Hugh

On 28/04/2009 13:10, "Kingsley Idehen" <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
As for the % re. FOAF, I think that can be determined from our actual
VoiD graph for LOD cloud [1]. I don't know off the top of my head if
FOAF is up to 50%.

> The "Linked" part of the name implies that crawling is a valid tactic
> to gather the data to me.
Not disputing that, just describing what we have in the instance :-)
Remember, we've sponged (crawled and RDFized) data since inception of
our participation in this space.

Links:

1. http://lod.openlinksw.com/void/Dataset

Kingsley