Re: PHP and reasoners

Hello,

Bijan Parsia schrieb:

> On 7 May 2008, at 14:53, Cristiano Longo wrote:
>> Hi all, i need to use a reasoner (for example a DIG reasoner like
>> pellet) via PHP. Suggestions?
>
> Write a DIG client library in PHP? It's not *that* hard.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't think pOWL has a reasoner connection:
>     http://sourceforge.net/projects/powl
>
> Though I'm sure they'd welcome a code contribution.

There has been some work on building a reasoner connection via DIG in
OntoWiki [1] (collaborative ontology editor written in PHP) and in
particular in Erfurt (the PHP library OntoWiki is based on). The work
hasn't been finished completely, so there is probably still some
development effort required. Later, we plan to integrate DL-Learner [2]
in OntoWiki and use it for reasoning and learning concept definitions.
It supports reasoning via OWL API and DIG. One problem with the current
DIG 1.1 specification is that it is not aligned with OWL and the work on
DIG 2.0 isn't very active at the moment, because the people behind the
effort are very busy.

Kind regards,

Jens

[1] http://ontowiki.net