Re: is this valid to make a named graph in RDFa?

Hi Ivan - sure, of course the tag is not the point -

But, if assigning a URI to a statement in a standard way is not the way to
address the statement, is there any way to do it?  And why not use a URI that
refers to the start of the individual triple statement?

I read the post about using <u1 u2 u3> but I think that could get cumbersome
quickly.  Naming things is just so fundamental to programming, language,
abstract thinking, math etc it seems absurd to not be able to simply name a
statement...

--G

On Wednesday 05 March 2008 10:55, Ivan Herman wrote:
> Golda,
>
> I must apologize, my mail was not really clear. The issue is not 'id' or
> 'name'. In RDFa, you can of course put any valid URI into the @about,
> and that can be a relative URI within the document. The point is: that
> will not generate things like:
>
> #opinion1: #tucsonrodeo08 tdl:Post "the rodeo..."
>
> Ivan
>
> Golda Velez wrote:
> > Hm.  Too bad.  What about using the old style
> >
> >  <A NAME="statement_identifier"> </A>
> >
> > to wrap the statement in?  Then
> >
> >  "#statement_identifier"
> >
> > is a valid URI by standard addressing rules
> >
> > --G
> >
> > On Wednesday 05 March 2008 5:47, Ivan Herman wrote:
> >> Golda,
> >>
> >> you ask:
> >>
> >> [[[
> >>   Is the use of RDFa in this way with id= properties functioning as the
> >> name of the assertion valid?
> >> ]]]
> >>
> >> The answer is no:-(. The current RDFa spec:
> >>
> >> http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax
> >>
> >> does not make any reference to the 'id' attribute. Nor does it include
> >> means to generate named graphs (or reified statements, for that matter)
> >>
> >> Ivan

> > left
> > specific)

> > the
> > times.
> > the

> > discussion

> > endless
> > for

> >> --
> >>
> >> Ivan Herman, W3C Semantic Web Activity Lead
> >> Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
> >> PGP Key: http://www.ivan-herman.net/pgpkey.html
> >> FOAF: http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf.rdf

> Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/

Golda Velez 520-440-1420  http://goldavelez.com
what I do:  Tucson Superblog http://btucson.com
  Search software  http://webglimpse.net
  Web hosting  http://iwhome.com

"Help organize the world - index your own corner of the web!"