Re: Maintaining an RSS 1.0 feed with SPARQL

Richard,

thanks for the tips.

Le 1 juil. 2008 à 13:14, Richard Newman a écrit :
>  I'm not sure which operations you're inquiring about -- running
> queries against RSS 1.0 data? Generating RSS 1.0 from a relational
> DB using SPARQL? Generating RSS from differently shaped RDF?

* A blog site with an RSS 1.0 feed.
* A new blog post is created, a program creates an RDF item
      <rdf:li rdf:resource="http://example.org/somewhere/foo"/>
   and
      <item rdf:about="http://example.org/somewhere/foo">
         <title>Foo</title>
         <link>http://example.org/somewhere/foo</link>
         <description>boooo</description>
      </item>
* Update of the feed, removing old items and adding the new one.

I usually do that with script/xml parsers or using XSLT because RSS
1.0 is an ordered RDF file by spec, *but* I was wondering if it was
possible to do with an RDF parser, and/or SPARQL.

>  It's kinda depressing that this trivial thing isn't easy to do in
> SPARQL; the handling of sequences just isn't there. Even as a SPARQL
> implementor, without the opportunity to redesign RSS 1.0, I'd advise
> you to use XSLT or plain ol' text substitution for this kind of
> thing (particularly generation).

Indeed.

>  I hope that offered some insight!

Yes a lot. Many thanks.

if other people have ideas, please share.

--
Karl Dubost - W3C
http://www.w3.org/QA/