Re: patents

Dear All,

I only recently became aware of this yet one more attempt to cash in on public domain technology and restricting the use of the internet.

It seems that the only way to make sure that Mr. Dudley Mills stands to loose a lot of money is to promote a system based on the right to cyber privacy not unlike the one the American Civil Liberties Union fought for and one, where it concerned using cell phone user records, which included name, address etc. by direct marketers who bought up this type of data in bulk.

After all the "technology" Mr. Mills has patented will benefit in the end only telemarketers and spammers who stand to gain from buying the data in bulk from such intended directories.

With some fairly simple coding and adaptation of new tags by the W3C an optional non-extraction or extraction for non-profit use only can be built into every semantic web page.

As we speak I have forwarded relevant information to the ACLU, and recommend we end this thread by saying goodbye to Mr. Dudley Mills.

It is a long way before the auction still and a lot can happen! European wide patents can be filed in far less time which will render more than half of the potential market useless. The ACLU and a dozen other organizations I will not mention here to NOT spoil the fun in killing his patents on behalf of the billions who use the internet for the benefits and not the profits to be gained personally or commercially.

Mr. Mills, it is isn't the the thread that has gone stale, but your patents whose usability will be reduced to zero and thus the possibility to cash in on them.

Regards from an enraged Dutch born entrepreneur and activist who has just been inspired to kill of the commercial usability of your patents on behalf of the billions of potential third world users of the internet.

Dan Brickley wrote:
>> And to other list members, I repeat my advise from 2002 on
>> www-rdf-interest ([1]): let's find other topics to talk about.
>>
>> We should close this topic immediately. Those who wish to continue it
>> know each other's email addresses and can find other fora.

My impression is that the surest way to achieve this is to simply stop
posting about it. Show your agreement by _not_ replying,

Milton Ponson
GSM: +297 747 8280
Rainbow Warriors Core Foundation
PO Box 1154, Oranjestad
Aruba, Dutch Caribbean
www.rainbowwarriors.org (under revision)
Project Paradigm: A structured approach to bringing the tools for sustainable development to all stakeholders worldwide
www.projectparadigm.info (under construction)
NGO-Opensource: Creating ICT tools for NGOs worldwide for Project Paradigm
www.ngo-opensource.org (proposed project)
MetaPortal: providing online access to web sites and repositories of data and information for sustainable development
www.metaportal.info (proposed project)

--0-923018157-1201418109=:72712

      <hr size=1>Never miss a thing.  <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51438/*http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs"> Make Yahoo your homepage.</a>

--0-923018157-1201418109=:72712--