Re: trivial question about SPARQL

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 10:30:33 +0000
To: editor@content-wire.com
Cc: semantic-web@w3c.org, Ralph Swick <swick@w3.org>

editor@content-wire.com wrote:
> thanks a lot Andy, Dan
>
> I think I am looking at too many documents at once at any given time
> had not seen the link to the new version, I knew it had to be somewhere
>
> I am finding it really difficult to find the uptodate docs on the site,
> is there a way of flagging the
> outdated stuff more prominently (put them in a liked category
> superseded_by comes to mind) or somethign

The issue there is that W3C really doesn't like to change the bytes in
the file once published in /TR/ ... and so updating the document with
status information is tricky.

I remember Ralph (cc:'d) once made a clever experiment that pulled in an
image (I think) indicating current status. But this didn't get adopted
as far as I know. Perhaps something similar could be done with an iframe
or unobtrusive Javascript, if it passed accessibility review.

Good to have that feedback though...

cheers

Dan