Re: plural vs singular properties (a proposal)

Frank Manola wrote:

> Garret--
>
> Assuming I understand what you're talking about, this *isn't* a
> conflict with the relational model.  To flesh out your example a bit,
> suppose you have a paper, book, or article, and want to record subject
> descriptors.  Likely there would be multiple values for "subject", and
> your relation to represent that would be
>
> Subject(publicationID, value)
>
> with tuples like (12345 is the publication identifier): <12345,
> semantic web>, <12345, database>, etc.

Oh, I think I see where we're thinking cross-ways.

I was thinking of each resource as constituting a distinct relation.

You're envisioning that a particular RDF graph has exactly *one*
relation, with each triple constituting a tuple in that relation, correct?

Garret