Re: objects to facts to links to LOD to ???

From: Juan Sequeda <juanfederico@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 15:54:55 -0500
To: "रविंदर ठाकुर (ravinder thakur)" <ravinderthakur@gmail.com>
Cc: "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>, "Semantic Web" <semantic-web@w3.org>
Hi Ravinder,

Interesting points. I would say that Layer 4 would be "discovery".
Furthermore, this would be an inference layer that would allow discovery.
After having linked data, applications will be able to discover new data. So
maybe layer 4 and up are part of the applications that enable discovery.
Anyways, that is what I see what the semantic web is about: discovery and
serendipity.

Juan Sequeda, Ph.D Student
Dept. of Computer Sciences
The University of Texas at Austin