Re: Vocabulary browser requested

From: John Graybeal <graybeal@mbari.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 16:39:23 -0800
Cc: "Andreas Langegger" <al@jku.at>, "Semantic Web" <semantic-web@w3.org>, public-lod@w3.org, michaelalang@gmail.com, "Greg Milbank" <gregmilbank@revelytix.com>
To: Michael Lang(Jr.) <michaelallenlang@gmail.com>

The privacy policy of knoodl is worth a look before you put your stuff
on it.  In a brief bit of tryout I couldn't make a number of things
work -- particularly visualization, I was really hoping for that one!
-- but maybe it's because I'm Safari/Mac-ish?  Or operator error.

Anyway, I second the request for a really robust visualization package.

BioPortal uses FlexViz (https://bmir-gforge.stanford.edu/gf/project/flexviz/
), which would be really nice for us if we could make it see instances
(haven't looked into it yet).  But it's pretty cool as is.  I don't
know that FlexViz is separately released or accessible for anyone, but
it's the kind of thing I think we're looking for (a hyperbolic tree a
la TouchGraph would be so neat).

john