Re: Vocabulary browser requested

Hi,

thanks for all the hints! I like the schemaweb, because it uses a
crawler, but also like the other more "publisher"-oriented tools. I
was looking for a more user-oriented tool.

Basically we have to options to access a LOD dataset: browsing (thats
what typically people do at the moment) or by SPARQL (what I'm doing).
If you go for SPARQL, you usually don't have a glue how the graph
behind looks like. That's why I would like to have some vocab browser
which helps me to get some more glue which properties I can use in my
query...

What I'm looking for is some more graphical or intuitive view on
vocabularies around probably in some clusterd manner. On the one hand
I would like to have a web-scale clustered view, on the other hand a
view just generated from some SPARQL endpoint.

Some vocabs are not interlinked (so different cluster here), others
heavily - either by vocab concepts explicitly like RDFS domain/range
pointing to external classes, sub-classing, equivalent property/class,
etc. or implicitly by poeple using the different vocabs. By implicitly
I mean, vocabs where the T-Box has no assertions but people typically
use it that way, especially in the RDF-only way (without RDFS and
explicit classes).

AndyL

On Dec 1, 2008, at 10:14 PM, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:

> On Monday 01 December 2008, Michael Lang(Jr.) wrote:
>> www.Knoodl.com is a web-based, vocabulary browser/editor which
>> supports all that you ask for.  It is publicly hosted and is free to
>> use.  Let me know if you would like any more information.
>
> Oh, that's really cool!
>
> One thing I'd like to see is a comprehensive repository of
> vocabularies,
> sort of like http://www.schemaweb.info/ (which is a bit too sleepy for
> comfort).
>
> So, I was wondering if it might make sense if you crawl and index
> vocabularies and make them available read-only in the case where they
> reside outside of Knoodl?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Kjetil
> --
> Kjetil Kjernsmo
> Programmer / Astrophysicist / Ski-orienteer / Orienteer / Mountaineer
> kjetil@kjernsmo.net
> Homepage: http://www.kjetil.kjernsmo.net/     OpenPGP KeyID: 6A6A0BBC

http://www.langegger.at
Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Andreas Langegger
Institute for Applied Knowledge Processing
Johannes Kepler University Linz
A-4040 Linz, Altenberger Straße 69