Re: [foaf-dev] Re: RDFAuth: an initial sketch

On 01/04/2008, Toby A Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk> wrote:

>  Story Henry wrote:
>
>  > My feeling is that what is needed is to see how this could be made to
>  > work better with SSL.
> I've already posted a message suggesting an HTTPS-based solution.

>   Subject: Re: [foaf-dev] Re: privacy and open data
>   Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:59:37 -0000 (UTC)

>   1. Client requests public FOAF
>   2. FOAF contains rdf:seeAlso with URI for HTTPS private FOAF

Why does FOAF insist on making things non-specific with seeAlso. If
you can make up a term that may be more understandable than ideally
you should. Ie, foaf:restrictedVersion or something like that so
someone knows why on earth they are following the URL and what they
should expect to occur after that given their knowledge of the term.

Peter