Re: [foaf-dev] Re: RDFAuth: an initial sketch

On 2 Apr 2008, at 02:14, Peter Ansell wrote:

> On 01/04/2008, Toby A Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Story Henry wrote:
>>
>>> My feeling is that what is needed is to see how this could be made
>>> work better with SSL.
>> I've already posted a message suggesting an HTTPS-based solution.

>>  Subject: Re: [foaf-dev] Re: privacy and open data
>>  Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:59:37 -0000 (UTC)

>>  1. Client requests public FOAF
>>  2. FOAF contains rdf:seeAlso with URI for HTTPS private FOAF
>
> Why does FOAF insist on making things non-specific with seeAlso.

That's not FOAF insisting. That was Banjamin insisting. :-) I think
clearly specifying
some information on the type of resource - is it a RDFAuth_sketch or a
OpenId protected
endpoint? - makes sense. Furthermore it would allow the two protocols
to grow up side by side.

Henry