Re: rdf standards?

On 04/09/2007 17:40, Renato Golin wrote:
> is it some system you install on a server or is it web-driven? How do
> you plan to store all data, or better, can you integrate with other data
> already available outside to refine your searches?

The application is hosted by us and is multi-tenant (i.e. every instance
shares the same code and hosting infrastructure). The data is stored in
our semantic web platform[1]. Communication between the application and
the platform is via HTTP using Sparql for many types of query, full text
search for others and our changeset protocol[2] for updating RDF graphs.
We're using SKOS and various other vocabularies (including some custom
ones) for representation of the data. That particular application
doesn't reach out to other data sources yet (hasn't been a high priority
requirement from customers), but others under development do that quite
extensively. A public demo of the application (which is in beta with our
customers) is available at http://engagedemo.talis.com/engage/

Ian

[1] http://www.talis.com/platform
[2] http://n2.talis.com/wiki/Changeset_Protocol