Re: RDF/JSON

From: Benjamin Nowack <bnowack@semsol.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 19:57:07 +0200
To: "Richard Newman" <r.newman@reading.ac.uk>
Cc: semantic-web@w3.org, Keith Alexander <k.j.w.alexander@gmail.com>

On 05.09.2007 18:04:48, Keith Alexander wrote:

>> Can you nest these structures?
>
>No.
Let me add that this is an important feature, not a
limitation. We've yet to see an agreed-on "RDF/XML Light"
due to differing opinions and priorities, but one thing
everyone agreed on was that a simplified RDF/XML should
not have nested structures beyond s->p->o.

If we allow too many different serialisation options,
people have to *parse* instead of being able to just
*use* the data structure right away. That's a deployment
barrier, and we should have learned our lessons well from
RDF/XML (which of course has other issues, too, but
the "less is more" argument still holds in general).

Benji

--
Benjamin Nowack
http://bnode.org/