Re: statements about a graph (Named Graphs, reification)

On 4 Sep 2007, at 13:02, Michael Schneider wrote:
>> I find that making statements about the URI of the document (in your
>> case, the HTML page containing the RDFa) works for me. It isn't
>> technically *quite* the same as annotating the named graph, but often
>> I find it actually more appropriate to make statements about the
>> document, not the graph.
>
> But what I am unclear about is, what has this approach to do with the
> NamedGraphs idea?

I interpret a set of documents (e.g. the web) as a set of named graphs.

> AFAICS, what you suggest here is just of the form: "Take
> some URI, and interprete it in a way that it denotes some RDF
> graph, and
> then start to make assertions about this resource in the form of RDF
> triples."

Yes. That's the one-sentence description of named graphs.

> This happily maps into the current RDF framework and its model
> theoretic semantics.

No. Using vanilla RDF without semantic extensions, you cannot record
graphs is a minimum semantic extension that lets you do this.

Richard