Re: representing null in semantic frameworks

rdf:nil is something, specifically the empty collection.

However, there is owl:Nothing, the empty class. If you say, for
instance, that some property has allValuesFrom owl:Nothing, then it
can't have any value. There is no thing which is rdf:type owl:Nothing.

-Alan