Re: A new Semantic Web logo?

On Oct 12, 2007, at 11:25 AM, Benjamin Nowack wrote:

> On 12.10.2007 16:13:04, Renato Golin wrote:
>>
>> Benjamin Nowack wrote:
>>> First: Don't panic, please. The logos are up for two days now, after
>>> more than six months of fights, creating drafts, and gathering
>>> feedback from several W3C groups.
>>
>> Why not from this one?
>>
>> At least in the final decisions... At least for the legal stuff that
>> affects us all...
> Well, that's exactly what we are doing right now.
>
> Benji

Er, not exactly.  This thread started with a post from a member of
this list reporting the discovery of a new Semantic Web logo that had
apparently been posted the day before.  Rather than with a post from
SWEO to the list saying that there was a new logo, let alone
something like a "last call" announcement that the logo (and
accompanying usage rules) was nearing approval.  I suspect some of
the "panic" is a reaction to SWEO's apparent definition of "outreach"
reflected in this procedure.  How about communicating a little better
guys?

--Frank