Re: Turtle - Terse RDF Triple Language updated

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 14:13:13 +0200
Cc: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>, Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>, Story Henry <henry.story@bblfish.net>, Dave Beckett <dave@dajobe.org>, Michael Schneider <schneid@fzi.de>, semantic-web@w3.org
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>

On 6 Oct 2007, at 13:32, Ivan Herman wrote:
> Ie, I can copy paste this Turtle code to a SPARQL expression
> and vice versa and it means the same thing.

I find this unconvincing. Copy something from a SPARQL query into
Turtle will usually make the Turtle invalid, because of SPARQL bits
such as variables, GRAPH patterns, and FILTERs.

The other direction -- copying Turtle code into a SPARQL query -- is
syntactically valid (modulo @base/@prefix), but triple patterns
without any variables are rarely useful in SPARQL queries.

Richard