Re: [Semantic_Web] Ontology Vs Semantic Networks

I would also stress that ontologies are *abstractions* over knowledge /
knowledge bases, defining the *vocabulary* for expressing facts, whereas
semantic networks are often used for representing various things e.g.
conceptual entities plus associated knowledge.

Best
Martin