Re: [Semantic_Web] Ontology Vs Semantic Networks

I think, in the direction Danny has started, that you would be better
off considering the question differently than as posed.

Instead of:

>>> How can we distinguish between ontologies and semantic networks, and
>>> in what respects are they similar.

how about:  How have the terms "ontology" and "semantic network" been
used historically?

Each of these words has a history ("ontology" a somewhat longer one)
and certainly not a single consensus meaning that would enable one to
actually compare them outside the context that they have been used in.

Could I ask what motivates the question?

-Alan