Re: Can an XPath expression be considered as a

From: Jacco van Ossenbruggen <Jacco.van.Ossenbruggen@cwi.nl>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 21:37:16 +0200
To: Laurent LE MEUR <Laurent.LEMEUR@afp.com>
CC: semantic-web@w3.org

Laurent LE MEUR wrote:

> Jacco,
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>

> I infer from your statement (please confirm) that there is no problem
> with the following N3:
>

> <//*[@id='person1' or @id='person2']> nar:conceptId pers:gw.bush .

No, that was not my intention.  I must admit I was mainly looking at the
examples in the Annotea document, and overlooked the or-expression in
your example. I'm not sure of the intended semantics of the 'or' above.

I also assumed you wanted to use path expressions to refer to a fragment
in an XML document, e.g. to another document than the N3 document that
contains the example triple, and that the example syntax was just a
short hand for the full (absolute URI), that would include the reference
to the XML document and all the proper wrapping and escaping to make it
a valid XPointer.

Sorry for the confusion,

Jacco