Re: What if an URI also is a URL

Cédric Mesnage wrote:
> "All uris should work in browsers", well all urls do, so let us consider
> a third solution, if the document at  "http://www.example.com/mophor" is
> an HTML document embedding RDF data using RDFa or another way of
> embedding RDF in HTML about "http://www.example.com/mophor#me", there
> you get your human and machine readable document for the same thing at
> the same place. Isn't that wonderful, no need to hack the server to
> redirect urls, no need for duplication of code to represent data in a
> way for machines and in another for humans and all used uris are
> accessible urls.

Absolutely!

Consider having two different data for the same location is only a hack
to avoid build a generic client (browser plugin) that would interpret
RDF as visual data.

Embed semantic data into HTML is already possible but browsers can't
read RDF (at least Firefox can't natively) and present me nicely. RDF
and HTML are data, what you see in your browser is only it's
visualization, be it graphical in Firefox or text in Lynx).

Something occurred me right now... HTML is data but also have layout
information, RDF doesn't. But we should use CSS in HTML to centralize
the layout part of it, so why can't we have CSS applied to RDF as well,
making it much easier to browsers present them?

sorry if it might be crazy, didn't think about it properly yet... ;)

--renato

--
Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at