RDF property templating

From: Jérôme Mainka <mainka@antidot.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 17:25:00 +0200
To: semantic-web@w3.org

Hi,

I try to specify some kind of templating in RDF. My goal is to compose the
value of a property from other properties. Here is an example :

:example
        :prop1 "value1" ;
        :prop3 "value 3".

I would like to create a new dynamic property for :example, say :result, which
is composed of the values of the properties :prop1, :prop2, :prop3 prefixed
by some literal. I would therefore get:

:example
        :result ( "A prefix" "value 1"  "" "value 3" ).

(missing :prop2 value).

My first attempt was to write a SPARQL rules like this :

CONSTRUCT
{
        ?obj :result ( "A prefix" ?value1 ?value2 ?value3 ) .
}
WHERE
{
        ?obj :prop1 ?value1;
                :prop2 ?value2;
                :prop3 ?value3.
} .

But this kind of construction doesn't work with a partial knowledge. In my
example, if :prop2 is missing, the premises aren't satisfied.

Am I pushing RDF too far? Should I modify my model?

Thank you for your suggestions.

Jérôme Mainka

--
Antidot - solutions de recherche d'information
gsm: +33 6 62 79 09 74