Re: caching HTTP 303 responses

Hi Jacek,

unfortunately the "application cache" is not always possible. .
The key to cluster scalability is splitting jobs across the cluster
nodes so each file is more or less processed per so.
Web architecture then says that if you want to go fast.. you can cache..
so one puts a large proxy where all the nodes in theory can feed. This
is what we thought we'd do.. just to find out that each process was
running a few dozen times slower than what it could (to say nothing on
the remote hits which is the real problem) due to squid rightfully
refusing to cache 303.
We could write a "semantic web patch" for squid to explicitly violate a
MUST NOT.. but.. :-)
.
Giovanni