SPARXQL Re: RDF+Transformation = XHTML or is there sth like inverse GRDDL?

It seems to me that we have two  query clauses

-  FOR ... LET .. WHERE from XQuery and

-  WHERE .. FILTER ... from SPARQL

These basically generate bindings of named variables to things with
XSD data types.  We now have various ways of consuming these bindings:

- RETURN from XQuery, and

- CONSTRUCT or SELECT or DESCRIBE  (or INSERT or DELETE ... oops not
yet :-) from SPARQL.

If I were making some mamoth software product I might just throw
those together as they seem to be, in a mixed XML/RDF world, or on
the XML edges of an all-RDF world, useful in an combination. Would
the SPARAXQL spec (SPARX for short?) be obvious combination of the
two specs?  The transitions between ordered and unordered should work
out.

The frightening thing would be the test suite!

This seems to be a good idea against my better judgement.  My better
judgement says one should keep languages simple and clean and avoid
RDF systems having to know about the XML data model and vice-versa.

Tim