Re: RDF/XML and named graphs

From: Chris Richard <chris.richard@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 06:33:10 -0800
To: "Steffen Staab" <staab@uni-koblenz.de>, "Peter Ansell" <ansell.peter@gmail.com>, "Fabien Gandon" <Fabien.Gandon@sophia.inria.fr>, p.roe@qut.edu.au, j.hogan@qut.edu.au
Cc: "Semantic Web" <semantic-web@w3.org>

Am I fundamentally misguided in believing that RDF/XML provides no
benefits over other text formats like N3 and TriG, other than being,
nominally, XML? XML tool support seems mostly invalidated by the fact
that we're using a format designed to encode hierarchical data to
encode non-hierarchical data. I can't figure out why I might want to
use RDF/XML.

Chris Richard