Re: What is a semantic web application

On 6 Dec 2007, at 21:59, Renato golin wrote:
> and (in my humble opinion) the reason for RDF (much older) not being
> as accepted as XSD in the industry today.

Just one correction: XML and XSD standards have been around *much*
longer than RDF.

XML has become a W3C Recommendation in 1998.
XML Schema has become a W3C Recommendation in 2001.

Furthermore, XML is a derivate of SGML, which became an ISO standard
in 1986. Therefore, XML already had considerable industry backing,
from day one.

Development of RDF started in 1999. RDF, RDF Schema and OWL have
become W3C Recommendations in 2004.

Best,
Richard