What is a semantic web application

From: Ehsan Sadeghi <ehsansad48@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 14:59:01 +0100
To: semantic-web@w3.org

Hello,
I have been trying to understand the difference betweeb normal web
applications and semantic web applications. I have tried different places
and books but I have become more confused.
  If a system uses RDF or an agent system or an ontology does that make it
a semantic web application? or a semantic web application is an
application that creates a network of logically connected data/resource
with any means? lets say with a database.

with regards,
Ehsan Sadeghi