RE: Increasing the Size of the SemWeb w/i GRDDL: Questionnaire

Whilst microformats are controlled by a self-elected clique, I really
don't see how that is going to happen

-----Original Message-----
From: semantic-web-request@w3.org [mailto:semantic-web-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Harry Halpin
Sent: 07 August 2007 20:47
To: 'Semantic Web'
Subject: Increasing the Size of the SemWeb w/i GRDDL: Questionnaire

Everyone,

	As you may know, GRDDL (Gleaning Resource Descriptions from
Dialects of Languages) is about to become a W3C Recommendation[1], and
with GRDDL it should be easy to convert much of the microformat web
(hundreds of millions of documents according to Alexa[2]) into the
Semantic Web, which will increase the size of the Semantic Web
dramatically. In my opinion, GRDDL, in concert with the Linking Open
Data Project, could finally provide the data needed for the success of
the Semantic Web, and it's absolutely critical this be done as soon as
possible.

	 It would be great if there was some effort to stabilize and
maintain current GRDDL transformations for microformats [3], as well as
propose some transformations from XML vocabularies. In order to figure
out where to best use our community time and resource, I've created the
following questionnaire (open to all), so please spare a minute to take
it:

http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/39407/GRDDLMICRO/

[1]http://www.w3.org/TR/grddl/
[2]http://rbach.priv.at/Microformats/IRC/2007-06-20#T235145